MG Racing Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is everyone

+2
Christo
Jay
6 posters

Go down

Where is everyone Empty Where is everyone

Post  Jay 12/4/2013, 11:41 am

Are we on Facebook now ?

No one got anything to say ?
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Where is everyone Empty Re: Where is everyone

Post  Christo 13/4/2013, 7:12 am

Forums are dead. Social media is the place to be!
Christo
Christo

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 17/4/2013, 7:01 am

I thought forums were a social media. They're the only one I'm on (and I'm not on many) so I hope people keep updating these regularly.

Jonesy
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 24/4/2013, 2:04 am

Forums can be a wealth of knowledge.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauly 24/4/2013, 12:32 pm

Unfortunately a lack of support from the series own members have killed this, we have 49 registered users, 13 have logged on during 2013 and only 18 have logged on in the last year. Shame as could be a great wealth of knowledge and a great tool to communicate between members. Maybe one day people will realise to embrace the change as could help us move forward and preserve the series history! Very Happy

Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 24/4/2013, 12:37 pm

I use forums to sort car issues, even the UK mg forum is full on, but here !!!
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauly 24/4/2013, 12:43 pm

They usually also encourage people to mix away from events, give people a chance to have a say and also people who may not chat at events can talk. We all have a common interest - Cars - more specifically MG's, so although I might like an MG ZR, and someone else an MG TC, we still have a common interest. We should embrace each other and strive to make the series stronger. *shrugs*
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauly 24/4/2013, 12:47 pm

Does it say something when in 2 days we have more people following the series Facebook than have joined the forum in 3 years? Mad
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 24/4/2013, 12:54 pm

People may join but not post.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauly 24/4/2013, 1:01 pm

Jay wrote:People may join but not post.

If you are referring to the forum, you don't need to join to view it so makes no sense. No harm in joining in, more people gives more topics, insights and views and opens the rest of our eyes.
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  greenmgf76 24/4/2013, 2:20 pm

I'm just trolling... WHoops!

Pretty sure someone will take the above comment as gospel
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 24/4/2013, 11:47 pm

Pauly wrote:Does it say something when in 2 days we have more people following the series Facebook than have joined the forum in 3 years? Mad

People will join FB but not say anything.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  dm 28/4/2013, 1:11 pm

OK, can somebody help me out here? As I understand it we now have the following means of communication for MR Racers.

1. This Forum
2. Pauly's suggested FaceBook
3. MGCC FaceBook which seems to report on MG Racing extensively
4. MG Racing website
5. MG Racer Magazine
6 others that I have yet to stumble upon?

and we wonder why the actual participation is low. After-all, there are only so many racers that have time to spend surfing (is that the right word) and seeking to communicate.

If I could make a suggestion....perhaps we would do better to focus our communication through one easy to use medium and site.

Just a suggestion and I realise that I am obviously behind the times (along with all the other non-participants).

DM

dm

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauly 30/4/2013, 3:41 am

dm wrote:OK, can somebody help me out here? As I understand it we now have the following means of communication for MR Racers.

1. This Forum
2. Pauly's suggested FaceBook
3. MGCC FaceBook which seems to report on MG Racing extensively
4. MG Racing website
5. MG Racer Magazine
6 others that I have yet to stumble upon?

and we wonder why the actual participation is low. After-all, there are only so many racers that have time to spend surfing (is that the right word) and seeking to communicate.

If I could make a suggestion....perhaps we would do better to focus our communication through one easy to use medium and site.

Just a suggestion and I realise that I am obviously behind the times (along with all the other non-participants).

DM

Yes David you would be correct, except;
-MG Racer Magazine has stopped due to myself not having the time any longer and Trent also being pre occupied.
-The MGCC Facebook, well to be honest I haven't noticed too much on the racing from them but that is possibly just myself not paying a lot of attention.

The racing website should be the first point of information, however it is somewhat dated and only a few people have the expertise to be able to update the site.

I see the MG Racing website, Forum and MG Racing Facebook as the ones which contain series information/news. Most race series have either a forum or Facebook to support their website - not to compete against, and I would like to think this is what the forum and Facebook offer (although some people are just purely against forums and facebook/twitter etc.). Perhaps you are right David. Maybe it is too much, but personally I hope that the means available can be used to help us promote the series, promote our cars and provide a way to participate outside of race weekends, be it talking about the next round, new cars, the last round, new tracks, Wakefield or Mallala, or somewhere else all together. etc etc. Or maybe I am just in the minority haha Embarassed
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 30/4/2013, 12:27 pm

Hmm,

Interesting. For those of us that were born in the last century, and drive cars from the last century, the use of face book is a non starter. The younger (and computer literate more advanced in experience) may have a handle on facebook but please don't exclude those that don't.

I check the forum quite regularly and I do admit that I wonder where everyone is at times. I really, REALLY miss the MG racer magazine but can totally understand why it isn't getting produced. Maybe one day in the future it might reappear.

From an outsider looking in at facebook, it seems to be filled with people telling other people (who aren't interested) how many times they went to the toilet in the last hour, or other facts that should remain private because they are so mundane that no one cares. I'm just not interested in sorting 10 ton of rubbish to find one gem that I'm interested in. I like the forum... maybe if some of the subject that haven't had a post in over 12 months old could be deleated?

Bev and I are really looking foward to carching up with everyone and Winton, Wakefield Pk and PI (if I win the lottery maybe Sandown too)

Jonesy
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 30/4/2013, 12:41 pm

I still use many uk forums, it's just strange in Aus they are not a popular.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum