MG Racing Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 MG Road Racing Championship

2 posters

Go down

2014 MG Road Racing Championship Empty 2014 MG Road Racing Championship

Post  Pauly 11/2/2014, 3:24 am

So you can lock these dates in for 2014. Keep in mind there will be no dropped rounds this year, all 6 events will be count to the Championship.  There is no interstate event and a second Winton was considered but there are only 3x VMRC events this year, one is full subscribed, another is the same weekend as Historic Sandown and the third is 2 weeks before Sandown in July.

1. Round 1 Phillip Island VSCRC        12/13th April PIARC
2. Round 2 Sandown VSCRC           17/18th May MGCC
3. Round 3 Sandown VSCRC           19/20 July ASSA
4. Round 4 Winton Festival of Speed 9/10 August           VHRR
5. Round 4 Phillip Island VSCRC         4/5th October VMCI
6. Round 5 Historic Sandown            8/9th November             MGCC/VHRR
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

2014 MG Road Racing Championship Empty Re: 2014 MG Road Racing Championship

Post  griffinracing 13/7/2014, 5:09 am

I will have to restrict myself to 2 rounds this year.

After Winton I'm going to change the diff for a 4.875 and do a few hill climbs culminating with the Australian titles in November. It will cost about the same as a race meeting and you get about 6 minutes of track time over 2 days but while I'm middle of a large pack with your boys and girls, I'm pointy end in Marque Sports class at the hill.

Next year I might come down to the National Meeting that your club is hosting at Easter (would be nice to see some of you). My sponsor is dropping me (my daughter is getting married) so I don't think I'll get down to often... maybe one event.

FoSC may one day have another run at Mt Panorama. What are the chances of a round of the MG series. Could be a couple of years away but worth thinking about. bounce 

See you all at Winton.
Steve
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauly 13/7/2014, 5:30 am

Re FoSC Steve,

As far as I am aware they have come out of the court case not too bad so it would be good if they did look at returning to the Mount.

The major issue for us would be grid numbers, we would need 45-50 cars to make it viable and although there are 50 MG's for us to organise it we would need 50 competitors with some reasonable racing history or known history to us (ie no one time wonders who could cause carnage)
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 13/7/2014, 6:35 am

If it was proposed there would hopefully be cars and drivers from Qld, NSW and SA as well as the backstay of MG racing (yes the Victorians) that normally don't compete that would put their hands up but yeh I see the problem of know ability. Make it an All British race and it may be a better proposal.

It's nice to dream. At least with FoSC I can still race (HSRCA would only let me do Reg)

griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauly 13/7/2014, 7:32 am

griffinracing wrote:If it was proposed there would hopefully be cars and drivers from Qld, NSW and SA as well as the backstay of MG racing (yes the Victorians) that normally don't compete that would put their hands up but yeh I see the problem of know ability. Make it an All British race and it may be a better proposal.

It's nice to dream. At least with FoSC I can still race (HSRCA would only let me do Reg)

Yeah without doubt you would get them from all over, but with all due respect to those who don't participate with MG Racing Vic we are here to run a series for our racers (primarily MG's (spridgets inc.) etc. and those invited cars we select) so why would we go to the extent to do the hard yards and organise things for 25+% of the grid who don't wish to do any other racing with us to get the benefit. (FoSC probably say the same thing - except they are there to make money out of it too I guess). But in terms of all british race then FoSC will probably do better with that as we don't really want non MG's winning outright. So that's why no sports sedan or big Triumph/TVR etc. will run with us, when we let a couple of others run before they had to 'play nice'.

I do hope they get it going again, and an MG grid there would be awesome but for us to put our hand up as a series (championship or non championship) I would assume we would need a commitment from 'our' racers. Having said that I think last year we had 65 drivers or something compete across the whole season so the possibility is there.

Maybe before that lets get this interstate challenge up and going  Wink 
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum