MG Racing Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MG Racing Classes

+2
Pauly
MG16
6 posters

Go down

MG Racing Classes Empty MG Racing Classes

Post  MG16 6/9/2010, 5:54 pm

Well here we go Racers. Only a member for 5 minutes & here is a contentious topic!
I am very disappointed to read that despite much midnight oil being burnt by our committe the classes are to remain the same for 2011.
Perhaps, to be more succinct, our classes do not need changing - they need discarding! Admirably designed about 15 years ago when Formula B was seen to be the saviour of MG Racing they have not really kept pace with the changing dynamics of the category.
Who would have foreseen a couple of years ago when Ken Price bravely rolled out his red MGF that within a couple of years there would be more MGF's racing than just about any other model of the marque - mainly due to Adrian Akhurst's dedication to finding them & importing them for racing!
But I digress - I was discussing classes so let me float one for you.
Given CAMS has given us classes why not use them? To me, to have a class like (for instance Sb) but not have to have your Sb car comply with it except if it is an historic race is a noncense!
Why not have three classes - "Historic" covering all the Sa, Sb, Sc and T cars, plus T Types & earlier if we ever see them and insist that the cars comply with their class. Next class "MGF's". Do what you like - run with or without slicks, Cup car, road car or the SA MGF class. Then simply "Open" for every other MG not covered. Maybe we will have to look at sedans in time if Jason can find some brother ZR's to race with! Any chance of someone finding one of those BTCC ZS's? Now there was a car!!
Of course the allocation of points (if you are mathematically adept enough to understand them is another matter but perhaps I will just offer one idea at a time!

MG16

Back to top Go down

MG Racing Classes Empty Re: MG Racing Classes

Post  Pauly 7/9/2010, 1:02 am

MG16 wrote: To me, to have a class like (for instance Sb) but not have to have your Sb car comply with it except if it is an historic race is a noncense!
Why not have three classes - "Historic" covering all the Sa, Sb, Sc and T cars, plus T Types & earlier if we ever see them and insist that the cars comply with their class.

Agree 100%! Yet the real historic cars are not running in the 'historic' class.
Mallala showed a T type can still mix it...
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 7/9/2010, 10:49 am

I have got a a fair and good idea for a points system which I have email to a few people. Which anyone can understand and work out.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  dm 7/9/2010, 11:57 am

It might be worth e-mailing it to me ........

dhmottram@gmail.com

And I am inclined to agree with Sparrow but we would need to look at the numbers that would end up in each class and how we allocate points.

D

dm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 7/9/2010, 12:05 pm

dm wrote:It might be worth e-mailing it to me ........

dhmottram@gmail.com

And I am inclined to agree with Sparrow but we would need to look at the numbers that would end up in each class and how we allocate points.

D

Who is Sparrow.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  greenmgf76 8/9/2010, 2:03 am

Numerous alternatives for a class system have been put forward over the last 18 months. Some had to be re-worked, some simply put into the "too hard basket" (because it required more than 5 minutes worth of thinking) and others viewed with outright suspicion as a result of the person they originated from (despite displaying an obvious bypartisan approach).

Until some a large dose of sanity is adopted on the committee it won't matter if a "eureka moment" comes and bites them on the arse.

Advisors spent hrs explaing the simplest of concepts to George Bush just so he could **** them them up in front of millions (albiet with a confident swagger).
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  dm 8/9/2010, 9:19 am

greenmgf76 wrote:Numerous alternatives for a class system have been put forward over the last 18 months. Some had to be re-worked, some simply put into the "too hard basket" (because it required more than 5 minutes worth of thinking) and others viewed with outright suspicion as a result of the person they originated from (despite displaying an obvious bypartisan approach).

Until some a large dose of sanity is adopted on the committee it won't matter if a "eureka moment" comes and bites them on the arse.

Advisors spent hrs explaing the simplest of concepts to George Bush just so he could **** them them up in front of millions (albiet with a confident swagger).

This is just the sort of rubbish in the electronic format that puts people offside. If you want to achieve anything then the last thing to do is abuse those same people. One needs to get a little smarter about what is written and how it effects the decision makers. People who are abused rarely change their mind and in fact tend to dig even deeper holes. So I suggest that the moderators remove posts like the one to which I am responding as counter productive to the future of harmonious relations in MG Racing......oops..i think you are one of the moderators.

D

dm

Back to top Go down

Post  greenmgf76 9/9/2010, 12:18 am

Hey, all I'm saying is we can't put up smokescreen's under the guise of "harmony". Nothing of what I said isn't true. I was there. I saw the decisions take place and subsequently broken. We can either sweep these problem's under the carpet and adopt a punch drunk "its all good" attitude, or grow a backbone and recognise the criticism as constructive. A progressive establishment does that - not deflect the issue with warm, fuzzy reverie, or stamp its feet whenever a contrary notion presents itself. We really need to get beyond the first stage of Kübler-Ross grief cycle here guys!

For the record. I actually don't like being the instigator of material that may upset individuals (or for arguments sake a wider group), but I'd feel worse if I sat by and said nothing. MG Racing is in a relatively good place at the moment, but as a result the ball shouldn't dropped through complacency. Farmers don't take the attitude, "well I've got a good crop this year I think I'l whittle for a bit..."
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin 9/9/2010, 5:50 am

Off topic, Simple solution...Thread locked.

Admin
Admin

https://mgracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down