MG Racing Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Group S class?

2 posters

Go down

New Group S class? Empty New Group S class?

Post  griffinracing 2/12/2010, 11:31 pm

I have heard from a couple of sources that there is talk of a group St. All official inquiries have failed. Can anyone tell me more information. I'm hoping my little Midget might fit in to this catagory.
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

New Group S class? Empty Re: New Group S class?

Post  dm 3/12/2010, 2:04 pm

Group T has been in existance a couple of years now. It is for Production based sports car that have an actual race history in an Historic period. Paul Trevethan has both Group Q and T endorsement for his V8 MGB GT. John B will shortly apply for recognition for his MGB, Jim R will do the same for his Midget.

The key element is that you have to be able to prove your car actually raced in the period and prove the specification used. You are then entitled to be dual classified as T and other appropriate group (eg Q).

Give a call on 03 95341426 if you want more information. I may be the Eligibility Officer you need to talk to if in Vic.

David

dm

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 4/12/2010, 12:18 am

Thanks Dave,

I've know about group T for quite some time (everyone at the NSW meetings was wondering if my car was one when it first appeared back on the scene).

The St chat was very vague and I was hoping it was a new class separate to T but alas, no luck. In NSW with FoSC running mainly AASA events it would have been nice to get into the Historics (they run under CAMS) but they don't want to know me.

Looks like you blokes will have to put up with me for a few years longer while I get my licence signed and it is fun driving your tracks.

Steve
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down