MG Racing Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 7 Sandown

3 posters

Go down

Round 7 Sandown Empty Round 7 Sandown

Post  griffinracing 23/9/2012, 7:29 am

Well boys and girls,

It's very quiet on the forum. You must all be busy working on your cars getting them ready for the last 2 rounds.

I'm passing on Phillip Island but my entry is in for Sandown. By some miricale, a budget was approved by the 'minister for finance and wreckcreation' and she even suggested I try for the 'big bad' Sandown meeting. How could I refuse.

The Midget's engine is totally dismantled after No2 blowup. The bits are at the man's for machining... or they were until he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, fell over and head butted a milling machine and probably wont be back... and I though I was having a bad day. The race is on to find another competent new person and get the work done in time.

After the line bore, bore and cam bearings, we still have to do a dry build, workout deck height, piston reliefs etc etc pull it down, get the extra machining done, build it again, get it going and run in and then tested. It could be tight but I have something to aim at.

I see a few MGs already lining up. Whats everyone up to?

I would like to have dinner down at the Hobsons Stores on the Saturday night. Is anything being organised at all like last year, or will it be a romantic dinner for Bev and I (unlike Goulburn where our wedding anniversay dinner hosted 20 odd Victorians. I'm still copping a hard time about that). If nobody has though of it, I'm good at coming up with work for other people.

See you all at Sandown. We'll be set up in the trailer over from the garages... if we can find a hole.

Your Northern cousin,
Jonesy

griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Round 7 Sandown Empty Re: Round 7 Sandown

Post  greenmgf76 28/9/2012, 10:29 am

Am looking for a hole myself mate!
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  Christo 5/10/2012, 2:16 pm

I've heard that finding holes is harder for you older blokes.....
Christo
Christo

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 8/10/2012, 5:50 am

Nah, the eye sight might be on the way out so we do it by feel. Easy
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  greenmgf76 8/10/2012, 7:57 am

same as the rev counter. By feel Giggidy Gidders
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  Christo 9/10/2012, 9:42 am

Nice one Steve. lol!
Christo
Christo

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 10/10/2012, 8:49 am

The doing it by feel was talking about the parking spaces... who wants to park behind me and my Taj Mc trailer. I'm sure that parking spot is big enough... or it will be soon. Gee, it sounds like a V8 Supercar way of doing things... I'm sure no one would do that in our races.

Rev counter??? who has time. Thats what idiot lights are for. There's a reason they call them that.

White light flashes in you eyes... oh, I'm running out of revs, change gear. Red light flashes in your eyes... oh, I'm running out of oil pressure, shut down.

Last edited by griffinracing on 10/10/2012, 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot stuff... old age)
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  greenmgf76 13/10/2012, 5:37 am

Reason for editing ------- is optional Stevie! Smile
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 14/10/2012, 2:05 pm

Come on, give me a break, I've been maried over 30 years. Some one (or something) says to do something, I don't ask questions. lol!

On another topic, my engine is almost back in one piece but by the time I get it in the car and going my mate with the Dyno will be away for a couple of weeks for a holiday. That means I won't be able to get it sorted out before the Sandown meeting and I'd be mad to start pushing it before checking it over fully.

It's not looking like I'll be making the trip south this year Sad All I can hope for is that I can get a few meetings in next season.

Jonesy
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  greenmgf76 14/10/2012, 11:35 pm

Bummer Steve! PI next year?

Mine's now straight finally. Off to exhaust guys on Tuesday to get that fixed and then alignment. I've been having pretty much the same done to myself... Minus the exhaust (although...)
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 15/10/2012, 4:33 am

I've officially pulled my entry from the Sandown hat Crying or Very sad It comes down to checking the motor over and getting the fuel ratios and timing all correct before really pushing the revs. I'ts a totally different motor to last time so I shouldn't assume everything will be right... and I can't afford to do it again (I have well and trully beaten what we gave my daughter to spend on her wedding).

I hope the calendar next year will suit for me to make the trip down a couple of times, though it isn't a weekend run. I might head to the Nat Meet in Qld and see if I can take outright in the sprint again (I don't think I'll try for the Motorkhana as well. The Victorians get to upset when they get beaten).

See you all next year (god willing)

Jonesy
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  greenmgf76 18/10/2012, 6:33 am

Give us your dates Steve! I fully support a bespoke Steve Calender Wink
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 18/10/2012, 8:53 am

Trent (?),
My roster moves foward a day each week so Im all over the place but I can look at it anytime and see what I'm doing on any give day.

If the events are on at similar times next year Ill be on holidays for the Winton Historics. Never been to Winton... might be a little cool.

If you come north I'll be there come hell or high water cheers .

Steve
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  greenmgf76 18/10/2012, 10:28 am

I meant a calender that fit's guys like you (who support us Vics) would be great Steve.

My rosters similarly bizarre. All my annual leave days get soaked up with racing... Even when it breaks!
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 18/10/2012, 1:27 pm

There seems to be lots of talk about wanting an MG series up here but when it comes to the crunch, where are the competitors??? the Wakie Park event was in their backyard and there was only a couple of us. I wouldn't want to be the organiser of a NSW series. I'd have no finger nails left from event to event.

Looking at your pointscore there is a very large base of people that come and compete at some time each year. Maybe people are waiting for the right races to be organised for them.

The other trouble is that I like running down with you guys (male & female) and if there was a series up here I wouldn't be able to do both... and you should support your local events if they're going to the trouble. I can drive Eastern Creek (the new south circuit is a great, very tight, technical track) and Wakie Park with my eyes close so I love the challange of new tracks.

My engine rebuild/ rebuild is 3 step foward... two steps back. We keep finding little things that the experts would know from years of development (and we'll probably keep to ourselves) but with luck (and thats a lady that hasn't been around much) I might be finishing the assembly again (I've been here a number of times over the past few weeks) and brining it home tomorrow for the paint job and instalation. Maybe I can make it to my club concours.

Have a beer for me at the presentation. I wish I could have been there more. Theres always next year. Who knows, I might win the lottery (I'll have to start buying tickets).

griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  greenmgf76 19/10/2012, 9:10 am

Know how you feel mate. Did all of two laps in mine before someone's oil set me into the barriers; so still not sure how the engine's gonna hold up (after 3 rebuilds)

Sure we'll see you again at some point!
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down