MG Racing Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MGB Turbo

+4
greenmgf76
Christo
Pauly
Jay
8 posters

Go down

MGB Turbo Empty MGB Turbo

Post  Jay 28/8/2010, 12:23 am

MGB with a Tomcat engine in.

MGB Turbo 08_drivetrainMockUp
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

MGB Turbo Empty Re: MGB Turbo

Post  Pauly 2/9/2010, 2:50 am

Now theres an idea...
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  Christo 20/9/2010, 12:32 pm

But would it be allowed to race with us? Razz
Christo
Christo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 20/9/2010, 12:51 pm

Why not its a MG.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  greenmgf76 20/9/2010, 3:02 pm

You sponsored by Rover now?
greenmgf76
greenmgf76

Back to top Go down

Post  Christo 20/9/2010, 3:03 pm

Its because he posts stuff like this. Very Happy
Christo
Christo

Back to top Go down

MGB Turbo Empty MGB/ROVER

Post  MGF99 17/10/2010, 10:51 am

Well that's what DM is building...an MGB GT with the roof cut off and a Rover K Series in it

MGF99

Back to top Go down

MGB Turbo Empty MGB Turbo

Post  MG50 18/10/2010, 12:25 am

Been done before folks .... Frank Campagna ran a turbo B-series MGB in the 90's. I'm surprised some opf the old farts don't remember.

Robin Bailey

MG50

Back to top Go down

MGB Turbo Empty Not a problem

Post  dm 18/10/2010, 11:50 am

All MGs are welcomed. We have a Class for every MG not matter what the specification. This car would have an MG shell and an MG engine and since it is turbocharged it would run in Open class. It would be an interesting car to have running with us.

D

dm

Back to top Go down

Post  dm 18/10/2010, 12:01 pm

MGF99 wrote:Well that's what DM is building...an MGB GT with the roof cut off and a Rover K Series in it

Very true, in fact not only is the engine a K-Rover , it is actually out of my dead MGF so it is very much an MG engine.

I hope to race the car next year if my Lotus clients would just let up on the work required to keep them in bling and power. Currentl have a 2009 Cup 260 Exige which is just 12 months old and we are fitting a charge cooler and a Harrop fettled larger supercharger to give around 330 PS at the flywheel. The car has a rear wing the size of which you wouldn't believe as well as the usual front splitter..............all in carbon fibre of course. And of course the owner just sprints it.....

He has mentioned that it would be a good addition to the Invited Britsh Class in MG Racing as it would comfortably do sub 1.20 at Sandown even with him driving it..............I had to dissuade him as I explained that it was by Invitation and he was not likely to receive an invite as he could potentially beat a few MGs..............and they wouldn't like that.

So he has bought a Formula Ford (a Swift DB1 from yours truly.....it currently resides in Canada but is being shipped along with a few others.........if anybody wants a cheap Historic FF please be in contact with me).

dm

Back to top Go down

Post  MGF99 18/10/2010, 2:42 pm

Ahh Invited British for sure !!!!!!

MGF99

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 18/10/2010, 9:52 pm

dm wrote:
MGF99 wrote:Well that's what DM is building...an MGB GT with the roof cut off and a Rover K Series in it

Very true, in fact not only is the engine a K-Rover , it is actually out of my dead MGF so it is very much an MG engine.

I hope to race the car next year if my Lotus clients would just let up on the work required to keep them in bling and power. Currentl have a 2009 Cup 260 Exige which is just 12 months old and we are fitting a charge cooler and a Harrop fettled larger supercharger to give around 330 PS at the flywheel. The car has a rear wing the size of which you wouldn't believe as well as the usual front splitter..............all in carbon fibre of course. And of course the owner just sprints it.....

He has mentioned that it would be a good addition to the Invited Britsh Class in MG Racing as it would comfortably do sub 1.20 at Sandown even with him driving it..............I had to dissuade him as I explained that it was by Invitation and he was not likely to receive an invite as he could potentially beat a few MGs..............and they wouldn't like that.

So he has bought a Formula Ford (a Swift DB1 from yours truly.....it currently resides in Canada but is being shipped along with a few others.........if anybody wants a cheap Historic FF please be in contact with me).

The Lotus Cup above, is it a Toyota engine.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  Gearbox 19/10/2010, 9:25 am

I believe it is, supercharged twin cam toyota, are the exige cups made in the UK? or are they made with the rest of them by Proton. Do Lotus have a division especially for there hot versions?
Gearbox
Gearbox

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 19/10/2010, 11:21 am

Gearbox wrote:I believe it is, supercharged twin cam toyota, are the exige cups made in the UK? or are they made with the rest of them by Proton. Do Lotus have a division especially for there hot versions?
They are still made at Hethal, UK.

Just that some of them have Honda, Seat engines in now days. (Custom built)
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauly 20/10/2010, 12:13 am

Jay wrote:
Gearbox wrote:I believe it is, supercharged twin cam toyota, are the exige cups made in the UK? or are they made with the rest of them by Proton. Do Lotus have a division especially for there hot versions?
They are still made at Hethal, UK.

Just that some of them have Honda, Seat engines in now days. (Custom built)

Yeah the Mackie's in Sydney do the Honda conversions over here,

Kirrapak I think their business is...also do sheetmetal and powder coating or something from memory.
They race in the NSW Production Sports Car series with two S1 Exige's with the Honda engines.
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

MGB Turbo Empty CUP 260

Post  dm 21/10/2010, 3:37 pm

To clear up any misunderstandings

1. All Elises and Exiges are made in the UK.
2. None are made in Malaysia by Proton.
3. The CUP 260 use a Toyota 2ZZ motor with hairdryer and air/air intercooler
4. Lotus do not make any Elises/Exiges with Honda motors. There are a number of aftermarket conversions offered both in the UK and here. The Mackies in Sydney are Agents for the Link Up conversion which is retailed through a number of Agents worldwide. Their two Exiges are very quick cars. I helped look after them at the AGP this year and fettle one of the converted cars (an S1 Exige...it did 1.19 the first time out with its new owner at Sandwon, 3.5s 0-100 !)
5. The really quick S2 Exige that competed in the GT races at the recent Bathurst event belongs to a Melb driver (Mark O'Connor) and is fettled by Simply Sports Cars in Sydney. If you saw any of the race footage you would appreciate just ow fast it is and what a great driver Mark is. Although he did have a small passing problem on the last corner of the last lap of the last race.......our DSO would have had words to him I think.
6. The Cup 260 that I am currently working on will have similar performance to Mark's car. At present I am installing a water/air intercooler to replace the factory air/air for lowered intake temps and more power, especially on the really warm days.
7. It is a different world to MG Racing.

dm

Back to top Go down

MGB Turbo Empty Lotus Cup

Post  Gearbox 22/10/2010, 4:02 am

The 2ZZ is that out of the last model celica, and does it use the same gearbox setup or a lotus specific one?

saw the Honda powered exige at bathurst over easter, very impressive, however Taylor in the V8 MGB GT still put on a much better show, showed that million dollar GT replica a thing or two.
Gearbox
Gearbox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum