MG Racing Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Jay
Yellow Midget
Gearbox
dm
8 posters

Go down

Newbie Empty Newbie

Post  dm 30/8/2010, 2:12 pm

Hi to all Forum members. I am new to this Forum and my name is David Mottram (hence my imaginative user name).

I was a little wary initially on posting to this Forum as it is an anonymous format. I actually sent a message to the Admin stating that I think it is wrong that it is technically anonymous but have had no reply from them explaining why such a format is extant. It seems to me that if somebody wants to express an opinion about MG Racing they should at the very least identify themselves. In the world outside the ether of the internet anonymity ensures one is ignored. People will not listen to your opinion or give it any credance if you are not prepared to say who you are. Now I know the world of the internet is for the modern net-savvy crowd and old dinosaurs like myself cannot expect that people should actually identify themselves explicitly as it is not the done thing........but, when it concerns something that is very close to my heart (MG Racing), I get very uptight about people expressing opinions behind a techno-wall.

So, my first suggestion as a new member of this Forum is that we all identify ourselves either via our username or in our profile so that we know who is expressing the views.

Now if you think that my suggestion is inappropriate and too old world, so be it.

If you do care to take up my suggestion then I guess we agree and can move forward in trying to sort out some of the issues that arise in any multi-faceted group like MG Racing.

This may seem inflamatory, but then again some of the views being bandied about fall into the same category.
We are all in this MG Racing together and the most important thing is that we work as a cohesive unit to ensure the future of our grids.

No doubt you will all receive a note via the ether to MGRACING concerning the status of the rules for next year......they will be the same as this year. Please read the note and try and understand where we are coming from and hopefully where are going.

Regards to all.........David

dm

Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty Introduce Yourself

Post  Gearbox 31/8/2010, 3:27 pm

My Name is Paul De Keizer (PDK the porsche doppel kerplunker or similar therefore = gearbox) I do not race an MG in the series but am at every event supporting my good friends and MG racers in the extended AA Racing team (and anyone else that needs an extra set of hands). I have no trouble in letting people know who I am, and will also not hesitate to speak my mind on issues that have and will be raised. If people believe that I should not be so open as I do not race in the series then I will take that on board, but I have a different view than the drivers as I see the races from a spectators point of view and also from being part of the series in a support role. There are a large number of issues that have been raised and we are a long way from any conclusions, but the more feedback we can get, and the more varied the sources of this feedback, will ultimately lead to a better and stronger series that we can all enjoy and be part of.

Paul De Keizer
Gearbox
Gearbox

Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty Hi Paul

Post  dm 31/8/2010, 4:23 pm

Gearbox wrote:My Name is Paul De Keizer (PDK the porsche doppel kerplunker or similar therefore = gearbox) I do not race an MG in the series but am at every event supporting my good friends and MG racers in the extended AA Racing team (and anyone else that needs an extra set of hands). I have no trouble in letting people know who I am, and will also not hesitate to speak my mind on issues that have and will be raised. If people believe that I should not be so open as I do not race in the series then I will take that on board, but I have a different view than the drivers as I see the races from a spectators point of view and also from being part of the series in a support role. There are a large number of issues that have been raised and we are a long way from any conclusions, but the more feedback we can get, and the more varied the sources of this feedback, will ultimately lead to a better and stronger series that we can all enjoy and be part of.

Paul De Keizer

Paul, MG Racing needs a wide range of views from both racers and supporters such as yourself. Thanks for identifying yourself, I appreciate it. Perhaps down at the Island if I get there you might say hello so I can put a face to a name.

Please keep contributing to the Forum. The Forum is a great place for discussion and is a credit to the individuals who have made the effort to get it up and running. It will grow I hope as it is a modern form of communication and is valued as such.

D

dm

Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty Another fellow Midget driver

Post  Yellow Midget 2/9/2010, 4:14 am

G'day David (and Paul),

In case you're unaware, Yellow Midget = Nathan Medhurst Very Happy

Yellow Midget
Yellow Midget

http://www.wineloverswarehouse.com.au

Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty Re: Newbie

Post  Jay 2/9/2010, 8:36 am

And Jay is Jason Holmes.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauly 2/9/2010, 9:34 am

Pauly is Paul Vernall
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay 2/9/2010, 9:36 am

Pauly wrote:Pauly is Paul Vernall

Like poorly or sick.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  16vmidget 2/9/2010, 10:47 am

Excellent, another Midget pilot!

Cheers

Greg Hewson
16vmidget
16vmidget

Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty another newbie

Post  MG16 6/9/2010, 5:36 pm

And yet another new contributor: MG16 is john Baragwanath

MG16

Back to top Go down

Post  griffinracing 5/10/2010, 3:49 am

Hi all,

I made my Virgin run into MG Racing to Phillip Island and had a ball. That means I'm no longer a virgin and...

My name is Stephen Jones and am happy with Jonesy, Steve or almost anything else. I'm married (30 years to Bev... she was at PI with me) with 2 daughters (now in their 20's). I'm Sporting Director for the MGCC Hunter Region and have been for many years. I've been Club Champion 5 times (no one else competes). I'm a Firman when I'm not at home playing in my shed.

I've been competitng in Regularity up in NSW for around 15 years in my faithful MGB (in my picture to the right). In 2002 I bought the ex Geoff Foster Midget. To say that was in a very sad state was an understatment. 12 months work at home in my garage (I did almost all the work myself with the help of a few mates) 'Myf' emerged.

Except for an AVO front shocky conversion, all the mechanicals are BMC and I like it that way. She has a lusty 103.5 hp at the wheels.

I recently finally did my CAMS OLT and PI was my second meeting. Unfortunately for me, I can't get my licence sign up here because the Historics don't want to know me and FoSC run under AASA at Wakefield Park. Soooo, I am forced to head south and enjoy the hospitality of MG Racing.

I like the classes the way they are, I like the people I met (hopefully reciprical) and I'll be back whenever the budget allows. I think I'll nominate my sponsor as 'My daughters wedding fund'.

See you all soon and don't take life to seriously.
Jonesy
griffinracing
griffinracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Pauly 5/10/2010, 6:39 am

Welcome to the forum Steve, glad to have you on board!
Pauly
Pauly

Back to top Go down

Post  Gearbox 8/10/2010, 1:32 am

Steve,
please come back soon, was a treat to see that stunning little midget running around out there.
Gearbox
Gearbox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum